Big Guy Properties/CFM Management, Inc. seeks a responsible, meticulous and reliable full-time Maintenance Technician for our multi-family units in Columbus, OH (118 units). This position covers a wide scope of maintenance related activities so we are looking for someone with a well-rounded maintenance background to fill this position.
Learn more about us here:
In this position, you will be:
- Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and parking lots and other community buildings.
- Remove trash from apartment community perimeter on a daily basis.
- Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including removing trash from vacant apartments prior to make-ready.
- Assist Property Manager and/or perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist in the cleaning of available apartments and or models.
- Painting common areas including unit entry doors and window casing.
- Sheetrock, patching, and light carpentry repairs.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Property Manager.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Respond to emergency calls as appropriate.
- Meticulously maintain curb appeal
- Assist management team with other various tasks required.
- Represent the community in a professional manner at all times on/off property.
- Deliver communication documentation to residents.
- Contribute to resident retention programs.
- Must be willing and able to comply with all Fair Housing and Landlord/Tenant law requirements.
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Learns and ensures compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions.
- Troubleshoot and fix electrical problems example: replace light fixtures outlet sockets switches, breakers and install ceiling fans.
- Work on kitchen appliances such as refrigerators ranges and dishwashers
- Assess, troubleshoot and fix plumbing related issues such as leaking toilets, faucet leaks, replace/repair hot water tanks
- Assess, troubleshoot and fix maintenance related issues for HVAC systems
Your background and skills set should include:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Prior experience with painting, sheetrock repair, electrical work, plumbing, HVAC and other maintenance skills desired.
- Neat, clean and professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Own tools and equipment
- Reliable vehicle
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Successfully pass a drug test
- Demonstrate the ability to perform tasks described above without seeking outside contractor assistance, unless required by local law and jurisdiction.
- Demonstrate strong skills for communicating with residents, co-workers, and senior management.
- Demonstrate ability to contribute to and foster a team approach to serving residents and maintaining a successful community.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs without causing harm to self or others.
Wage is $18 - $22/hour DOE